Did you know that left-handed people make up only 10% of the world?!
I happen to be one of those people. Being left-handed, you can face some challenges in day to day life. Here are some of the first world problems of being a leftie in a right-handed world.
1. Smearing and smudging pen ink all over the page (and your hand!) when you write something. This is particularly horrible during exams.
2. Spiral notebooks and binders. Enough said.
3. Having two right-handed parents makes them teaching you skills during childhood that require the use of your dominant hand a little tricky.
4. Learning/playing instruments. In high school, we learned to play the guitar. There was only ONE left handed guitar and there were FOUR left-handed students in the class. You can imagine the annoyance.
5. Fold out desks in lecture rooms. A nightmare.
6. Instantly noticing when other people are left-handed and feeling an instant connection, like you’ve found your people.
7. Most scissors don’t work for you and you end up cutting a jagged line
8. In primary school, whenever someone noticed you writing with your left hand, you’re hit with: “OMG, ARE YOU LEFT HANDED?!?”
9. Sitting to the right of a right-handed person in class / at the dinner table and unintentionally playing a game of elbow wars
Are you left-handed? What do you love/hate about it?
– Karen xx