Today is March 8th – International Women’s Day. A day to celebrate, embrace and empower all the incredible ladies in our lives, and across the world.
So I thought to mark this day and celebrate women and the fabulous creatures we are, I would share 10 inspiring quotes about women, by strong, resilient, fierce women.
1. “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.”
– Amelia Earhart
2. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.”
– Diana Ross
3. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.”
– Oprah Winfrey
4. “I want to encourage women to embrace their own uniqueness. Because just like a rose is beautiful, so is a sunflower, so is a peony. I mean, all flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.”
– Miranda Kerr
5. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.”
– Hillary Clinton
6. “We all move forward when we recognise how resilient and striking the women around us are.”
– Rupi Kaur
7. “Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.”
– Brigitte Nicole
8. “We as women, we have to understand that we know more, just even instinctively, than we think we do.”
– Michelle Obama
9. “If you look back in history of the women who are most memorable and most stylish, they were never the followers of fashion. They were the ones who were unique in their style, breakers of the rules. They were authentic, genuine, original. They were not following the trends.”
– Nina Garcia
10. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
– Judy Garland
Happy International Women’s Day! Who run the world?
Which quote is your favourite?
– Karen xx